Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Versatile Dip

Thanks for all your comments on my race :) I may have dried out from last weekend's events, but my legs have been a bit slow to recover! That's ok, it'll give me time to bring up something I made... oh, I won't try to remember! I had roasted an eggplant and decided to make Hungry Girl's Creamy Eggplant Dip. My proportions were a little off as my eggplant wasn't as big as called for, but it was still yummy! I enjoyed it a few ways over the week:

Over heirloom tomatoes...


with homemade pita chips (seasoned w/salt, pepper, cumin, little cayenne)...


And maybe my favorite way...


This was a concoction almost entirely made in the microwave! Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do :) Brown and wild rice from a microwavable pouch, canned chickpeas (well-rinsed), broccoli and beans that I steamed... in the microwave with one of those steamer bags. Combined with the creamy dip, this made for an amazing lunch! Especially when the broccoli was from a family friend's garden and the beans from the farmers market were purple :)


Aren't they gorgeous? Even though they turned green after cooking, they still made me happy! I can't wait to get more eggplant... what's your favorite thing to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment