Thursday, December 3, 2009

Roasted Pears w/Honey & Rosemary

I found myself with some ripe seckel pears and with the holiday season now officially upon us, wanted to create a healthier dessert. I think my parents were surprised at how much they enjoyed this :) The tart greek yogurt and honeyed pears seemed to be in perfect balance, with the slight hint of rosemary, mmmm. I licked my bowl clean!



Roasted Pears w/Honey & Rosemary
Recipe by Shannon (inspired by a few others)
serves 3



8-9 seckel pears
honey
1 sprig of rosemary
juice of 1/2 lemon
greek yogurt or ice cream, for serving (I used 2% Greek Yogurt)

Preheat oven to 400degrees.

Cut pears in half or thirds, depending on size, and core. Place in baking dish (I used a loaf pan). Drizzle with honey and lemon juice. Toss pears, then add rosemary. Roast until soft and almost caramelized (~20min?).

Cool slightly before serving over greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey (minus the rosemary!).

Roasted Pears w/Honey & Rosemary over greek yogurt


And since I forgot last time, there are lots of giveaways going on! Katie's got an Artisana giveaway here, Sabrina is sharing her love of regional artisans, Kerstin is giving the gift of chocolate, and Elina can help clean our teeth after all of these treats! You really can't go wrong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment