Monday, July 27, 2009

Melon Mondays III

Missed the first two? Check out my Melon Bruschetta and Iced Cantaloupe Soup! While I did everything melon, my guests were awesome enough to bring the protein for the main course. We had some amazing cod and steak to make some tacos, served with a Melon Salsa of course!

Steak Taco w/Melon Salsa

Here's an approximation of what went into my salsa...

Melon Salsa



equal amounts diced watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe
1 mango
1 avocado
2 jalapenos, diced
3 scallions, sliced
2-3T mint, chopped
2-3T cilantro
juice of 1/2 lime
1t Smart Balance Omega Oil

Combine all ingredients and serve! I prepared everything (except the avocado) the night before and let it hang out in the fridge so the flavors could meld. Just prior to guests arriving, I took it out of the fridge so it could come closer to room temp and add the chopped avocado. This would go well served alongside almost any protein!

Remnants of the Melon Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment