Monday, July 20, 2009

Melon Mondays II

Monday, monday... :) In case you missed the first post, I'm taking the next few Mondays to showcase the recipes I made for a melon-themed dinner I shared with some friends recently. I have another starter/first course-type dish tonight, Iced Cantaloupe Soup w/Jalapeno & Basil. This recipe comes from The Splended Table's How to Eat Supper, and can be found on Serious Eats here.


The jalapenos (or in my case some random red chili) and basil were key components to the soup, so don't leave those out! It was absolutely gorgeous, but I must say I think this was my least favorite recipe of the night. It was ok, but only in small amounts--maybe it was too sweet? I might have been the only one who felt this way, as everyone else slurped it down ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment