Saturday, July 4, 2009

I miss my grill

In celebration of the fourth of July, I bring you the latest adventure with my... "grill".

Back in Philly I was lucky enough to have an apartment with a small backyard. Not long after I moved in, I got an early birthday present--a grill! It didn't stand the test of time, but it got plenty of use :) Now I am sans backyard and relegated to a grill pan. It's worked out well, so I can't complain too much.

Until I tried to make kabobs (kebabs?). In rearranging my freezer, I found the last small piece of pork tenderloin I had bought awhile back. I did a simple marinade (juice and zest of 1 lime and a dash of soy sauce and honey) while I chopped the veggies (an orange pepper and vidalia onion). I also decided to defrost some frozen mango chunks to string along.

Pork & Mango Kabobs

Then I went to put these lovlies on my grill pan. My skewers were long enough that they sat on the edge of the pan... but my meat didn't touch. Oops, guess I need larger chunks! My kabobs quickly became a grilled stir-fry, as I wasn't really interested in tempting my fate with uncooked pork. Served on a bed of leftover rice, this became one delicious meal :) I didn't really have to season much, as the grilling brought out great flavors in the onions and mango that paired well with the lime-flavored pork. Easily adaptable to whatever's in your kitchen or what you're craving, get grilling! (or grill-frying...)

Grilled Pork & Mango Stirfry

No comments:

Post a Comment