Thursday, July 9, 2009

Broccoli Salad

I have two things for you tonight... the first is a photo from the last time I got to dogsit that I couldn't help but share :)



The second is a broccoli salad I made the other night. There are many variations out there, this is just what I was in the mood for :) It works for dinner, or beside some Garlic Scape soup (from Super Natural Cooking) for lunch! I love the tang of the dressing with the crunchy broccoli, sweet apples and tart cherries :)


Broccoli Salad w/Apples & Dried Cherries
Recipe by Shannon
Yield: 4c



2 stalks of broccoli, florets chopped (~3c worth)
1 apple, diced
2-3T dried tart cherries, chopped
1T champagne vinegar (or any other vinegar you like)
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1T whole grain dijon mustard
1-2T mild oil (I use Smart Balance Omega oil)
s/p, to taste
Optional toppings: chopped nuts or seeds

Whisk together dressing (vinegar through oil and light s/p). Add broccoli, apple and cherres, toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to come together. Top with any desired nuts/seeds just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment