Saturday, November 21, 2009

Raw Apple Crisp

I keep forgetting to tell you about a rockin' raw dessert I made after I went apple picking... raw apple crisp! I channeled Averie and attempted her recipe without a Vita-mix. Looking back at her pictures, I'm realizing I didn't not use nearly enough agave for the filling--mine wasn't saucy ;) Lip-smacking delicious, I loved this version! A bit healthier than the butter-laden topping that's all too addictive, this is a crust I can feel good about!



Raw Apple Crisp
adapted from Averie
serves 4



1/3c almond meal
2T finely shredded coconut
2 dates, diced
agave nectar
cinnamon, nutmeg, or any other spices you desire
2-4 apples, diced

Add almond meal, coconut and dates in food processor. Add agave until mixture comes together and you can press into a crust (probably 1T or so). After chopping the apples, add agave, cinnamon and other spices, to taste. Press ~1/2 crust recipe into 1 container (I used 4 smaller ones). Top with apples. Divide the rest of the "crust" and crumble on top of the apples. Refrigerate until serving.


What are you waiting for? Go make your own :)

As a bonus, I'll leave you with a picture of a random lunch from this week... baby spinach, roasted butternut squash, quinoa, dried cherries, spinach chicken sausage and a dijon vinaigrette. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment