Monday, November 9, 2009

1st Annual Foodbuzz Festival


I'm on the plane, somewhere over Nebraska, recounting a fabulous weekend in San Francisco. Foodbuzz did an amazing job with the Festival, I can't thank them enough!! There are quite a few thorough recaps of the event (just check out the list of attendees), so I thought I would highlight my favorite eats of the weekend.

I started Friday night off right--with dessert! A pumpkin spice cupcake from Mission Minis


A buttery, rich Zucchini Mushroom hand pie from The Pie Truck (Sabrina and I, "Cheers!")


A lavender-pomegranate cheesecake from Alive, with a coconut base (I love this coconut milk trend!). I loved the subtle, light flavors of this raw, vegan cheesecake!


Excellent thin crust pizza from Pizza Politana


A gluten-free bread from Blue Bottle Coffee that married Arborio Rice, Brandy, and Wine! Thanks for sharing Tina :)


Fresh, local honey yogurt from Saint Benoit in it's own awesome crock!


An appetizer from aquarius that I *think* involved a goat cheese mousse underneath some sort of meat (maybe like a carpaccio?) and topped with a lemon meringue. Best in one bite, this was very unique and tasty! Anyone else remember what this was exactly??


A meatball from Chef Paul of Americano, made with Hearst beef


Some delicious cheese...


And so much incredible chocolate I couldn't pick favorites (or pictures) :)


Pumpkin Pie Caramallows from BonBonBar


Amazingly dough-y cookies from Annie the baker


Brussels sprouts that made me a lover!! From our Outsanding in the Field dinner Saturday night at Greenleef Produce, these roasted brussels sprouts were topped with ponzu fried garlic, guanciale and bonito flakes. Definitely recreating!!


Another good bite from dinner was the tuna appetizer. "Ahi tunnato on paine de mie with gochukaru and parsley," I seem to recall it was described as tuna poached in oil that was then reduced to form a foam that topped the tuna. Or something like that ;)


Pistachio Macarons from Miette (thanks for the tip Esi). I really need to try making these gems at home!


I also owe a huge thank you to Nature's Pride, who not only sponsored my trip, but gave me the opportunity to prepare my Savory Pumpkin Bread Pudding during the Tasting Pavilion! It seemed to be a hit, but I don't know if it was because I was standing right there ;)


All I have to say is holy food!! It's a good thing we don't do this every weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment