Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ready, Set, Blog!

Well, I guess I was ready when I started a little over two years ago ;)  But I'm challenging myself to define my blog persona as I compete in Foodbuzz's Project Food Blog!  I hope you'll enjoy this journey with me...



As my tag line says, my first inclination is to say that my blog focuses on healthy recipes that I have tried, adapted, or even created as I get more confident in the kitchen.   But I always hesitate at that answer as I feel like this has become so much more than that!

I think it comes down to the fact that I love learning.

New ingredients (whether it be fruits, vegetables or ancient grains), new cuisines, even using familiar ingredients in unique ways.  It goes beyond food, now, to photography as I have to take a picture to do my creations justice!!   I have enjoyed every minute of this experience ever since I started cooking for myself and others.

That last part is also very important to me.  YOU!  I love cooking for everyone and anyone, and the smile I get when sharing with friends and family warms my heart.  It's what gets me excited and coming back for more :)

This blog has become my passion, as has triathlon, and I tri  to share that with you too ;)  Setting goals, meeting challenges, it's all part of the growing process.  For me, triathlon (or any way to be active) is a constant reminder that good food = good fuel.   Another great source of inspiration!

Nature's Pride Bread Ambassador @ 1st Annual Foodbuzz Festival

So sure, this started as a way to explore the healthy recipes that I found around the blog world, but it has morphed into something a little more intricate and complex.  It provides a place to play in the kitchen and share with you what I find, to grow and discover new .  It has allowed me to meet some amazing individuals I am lucky enough to call my friends, and some experiences I won't soon forget.  Join me as the next Food Blog Star as I fuel for my next adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment