Sunday, March 22, 2009

WW Oat Bread

More bread baking since I couldn't bring myself to spend even $2.50 on a loaf of bread at the store. It's not that much, but knowing that I could make my own loaf for less than that, I opted for the latter. I probably just spent the $2.50 on something else, but that's besides the point!

On to the bread... I had copied this recipe down awhile ago so I went ahead and made a loaf of Whole Wheat Oat Bread. For the flour I used a mix of WW, WWW, and AP flour. I also needed more flour than called for, easily another 1/2c. As temperature, humidity, elevation can all play games with bread recipes, I went with my yeast experiences and added as much as needed so the dough was no longer sticky.


The result was a fantastic loaf of bread!! Maybe my best loaf yet ;-) Nice and moist, full of flavor it was fantastic on the side of a bowl of soup, or Winter Ratatouille w/Poached Egg.



I'm so behind with my blogging and reading (sorry!!), but I did happen to notice a Vita-Mix giveaway over at Jumbo Epanadas. Oh how I would rock this puppy out :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment