Sunday, March 8, 2009

Frozen Buttermilk Goodness

I have been working my way through the freezer (full of veggies, fruits, baked goods, meats, soup) to make room for my christmas present. With an almost-full container of buttermilk in my fridge, and my bowl good and frozen, I got churning!


First up was a Buttermilk Sorbet from Cooking Light. So light and refreshing, with a little tang from the buttermilk, this would be fantastic in the summer! I enjoyed it on top of a vitatop, out of the container, and topped with fresh berries :)

Buttermilk Sorbet w/Vitatop

To use the bag of strawberries in my freezer, I also did a half batch of Strawberry Buttermilk Gelato, also from Cooking Light. Good thing, too, this was was just as good! I don't like to discriminate when it comes to ice cream... or nut butter, for that matter :) They each shine in their own right!


Strawberry Buttermilk Gelato


And in other exciting eats, I finally tried a bowl of blended wheat berries (with milk and half a banana),a la Katie, topped with Heather's chocolate pudding. Delish!! Mine were probably half-blended, but i like the chew :)


And while I'm at it, visit Foods that Fit for a giveaway to celebrate her new site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment