Friday, January 22, 2010

Root Veggie Salad w/Orange Dressing


I've been meaning to tell you about this salad for some time now. It was delicious, involving some of my favorite autumn foods (apples, beets and carrots). It's even raw! Being new to the beet scene, I have come to love them roasted-- I wasn't sure how they would be raw. Turns out there was nothing to be afraid of :) I will definitely be making this again!

the main players

My changes to the recipe for this Root Vegetable Salad w/Cranberries, Pecans and Orange dressing were the following:
-I left out the celery root (didn't have it)
-My ratio of orange juice to oil was a little high (I had a big orange and i'm usually shy on the oil)
-I added in the optional POM arils and toasted pecans.


Here's another trivia question for you... What state leads the United States in SPAM consumption?? Yes, we're talking about the canned meat here, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment