Thursday, October 8, 2009

Silken Chocolate Cheesecakes

A coupon made me pick up a package of Nasoya's new Silken Creations. I chose the chocolate, figuring if I got lazy I could just eat it as chocolate pudding :) Desperately wanting to use my new mini cheesecake pan, I decided to try and adapt a recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake. I had a few issues, as I wasn't sure how long to bake these (as I was using a new product and a new pan), but in the end they tasted great so I decided to post my recipe. I would use it as a template to tweak how you deem appropriate!



Chocolate PB Mini Cheesecakes
Recipe by Shannon
Yield: 9 mini cheesecakes



1c graham cracker crumbs
1-2T applesauce
1/2 pkg Nasoya Dark Chocolate Silken Creations
3oz Nufatchel cheese
1oz natural style nut butter (creamy or crunchy your choice, I had a crunchy PB open)
1 1/2T cornstarch

Preheat oven to 350 deg.

Combine graham cracker crumbs and enough applesauce so all the crumbs are wet. Press 1-2T mixture into 9 wells of a mini cheesecake pan. Bake for 10min, then remove crusts and lower oven to 325.

While crusts are baking, prepare filling. Combine cream cheese, nut butter, silken creations and cornstarch in food processor (or blender) and mix until smooth. Divide filling amongst crusts. Bake, covered with foil for 20min, then another 10-20min until cheesecake has set. Remove from oven and let cool for a bit. Unmold cheesecakes and refrigerate for a hour or so (or more) before serving. I ate mine with a drizzle of peanut butter on top!


Has anyone used these mini cheesecake pans before?? Am I supposed to spray the inside of the molds? Mine stuck like crazy to the sides--don't know if it was the Nasoya addition or the pan. The texture definitely improved after refrigeration, and I'm not sure why. I may have overbaked mine, but I didn't know how "set" the Nasoya Creations actually get! It wasn't a completely failure, but you know what they say... if at first you don't succeed, try and try again! Guess I'll have to make some more mini cheesecakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment