Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Move over pasta, make room for the veggies!

I apologize for the slight randomness of this post, but I've tried some tasty recipes recently that I thought I'd share. The first two may be pasta dishes, but the stars of the show are not the noodles! To use up the last zucchini I had in my fridge, I made Soba Noodles with Zucchini Ribbons. I stuck to one portion, but kept the amount of veggies the same (thus doubling the veggies). Since I had no mushrooms, I used some diced red pepper. I love the hearty soba noodles, edamame, and zucchini, so this was a real treat for lunch :)

Soba Noodles w/Zucchini Ribbons


I also had grand plans for the bunch of kale I had picked up at the farmers market after reading Molly Wizenberg's article in Bon Appetit about how a recipe for Spaghetti w/Braised Kale made her fall in love with this highly nutritious vegetable. While I didn't need to be convinced (I already like kale), I thoroughly enjoyed this dish, which I made with some Lemon Chive Angel Hair!

Spaghetti w/Braised Kale


To finish off the kale, I also decided to try this recipe for a chickpea and kale stirfry. The recipe has been morphed from Heidi's site and I've also seen a version by Esi, so I knew this was probably a winner ;) Indeed it was-- the lemony zing went perfectly with the sauteed kale and crispy, hearty chickpeas!

Lemony Chickpea & Kale Stir Fry

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I've got a fun dessert coming up using this new(ish) product and a cute pan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment