Friday, November 25, 2011

Apple Crisp

I hope everyone in the states had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!  I'm still feeling quite grateful, for my family, for my friends... for you.  Thank you for reading and for making me smile with every comment :)

Guess what I made for you?  Apple crisp!  Fitting, I think, as apple crisp makes me think of my mom.  Along with blueberry and strawberry-rhubarb pies, it is one of her go-to desserts in the fall.



Apple Crisp w/Rosemary & Honey
Recipe by Shannon

5-6 lg apples
1T arrowroot
1t fresh lemon juice
1/2-1t freshly chopped rosemary
1t vanilla extract
1/4c clover honey

1/3c oat flour (ground oats)
1/3c brown sugar
1/3c rolled oats
1/3c chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4t salt
1/4-1/2t freshly grated nutmeg
2T extra virgin olive oil (or melted butter)

Preheat oven to 350deg.

Add chopped apples to a large bowl.  Add arrowroot, lemon juice, rosemary, vanilla and honey and toss to combine.  Pour into a large casserole (a 9x13" pan or two smaller ones).

In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats, nuts, salt and nutmeg.  Add oil and stir together.  Sprinkle over the apple mixture.  Bake, until the topping is browned and apples bubbling, ~30-45min.





In case you were looking for recipes to use some leftover turkey...
Curried Turkey Salad
Crustless Turkey and Spinach Quiche
Spicy Turkey Soup w/Yogurt, Chickpeas & Mint
Sweet Potato Hash with Turkey & Eggs


What was the best thing you ate yesterday??

No comments:

Post a Comment