Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Plenty of Cheap



I log into Plentyoffish and head for the search page. I complete the fields - male seeking female, input an appropriate age range, supply my locale - and here's what pops up;


SEARCH RESULTS - Pages 0 to 9 out of 600+ results are shown below.

Six-hundred-plus women.

Six-hundred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my arguments against online dating is that it encourages viewing people as a commodity. It's the Walmart Syndrome:

Well, I'm looking for a beach towel, so I can spend twenty-five dollars for one that's well-made and long-lasting, or I can go to Walmart and buy five that are ugly and won't last the summer.

About which one can only say  - yep, it's a low-rent world 'coz everyone wants it cheap.





Bottoms Up Cost Firsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment