Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Berries 3 Ways

This post is dedicated to a friend of mine who, upon seeing me with a 2lb container of strawberries, asked what I was going to do with them. Hmm... "Eat them" just didn't quite seem like an adequate response! And while I did eat my fair share, I managed to try a few of your recipes-

Baked Oatmeal (minus the pepitas as I didn't have any)


I made a few slight changes to this recipe, cutting back on the honey in the ricotta mix, using agave nectar in the berries, and baking it in a small square pan instead of individual ramekins since I broke one of mine :(


While curd is usually made with citrus and egg yolks, pureed fresh strawberries took center stage in this Strawberry curd. The consistency was quite thick and made a nice spread on toast or into some greek yogurt! It was also fabulous on a rice cake with a layer of cheese (laughing cow, cream cheese, goat cheese...)--a great new spread!

So there you have it, just in time for summer- some ideas of what to do when you realize you just picked 10lbs of strawberries (not that I've done that...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment