Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tomato Goat Cheese Strata

Before the strata, I just wanted to say thanks for all of your amazing comments on my last post!! I will be answering all of your questions soon, but first-- more food, since you need to be well-fueled for any day ;)

Walking through the store the other day, I came across a loaf of day (or two)-old Iggy's bread for $1. After hearing Dawn sing its praise, I knew this loaf was destined for a strata and quickly put it into my basket :) I perused some of my bookmarked strata recipes, and picked this Tomato Goat Cheese Strata as I also had a chunk of goat cheese that REALLY needed to be used!


I followed the recipe, using Whole Wheat Sourdough and a can of Fire-Roasted Whole tomatoes that I just broke apart in the pan. I added 1T of Daregal fresh frozen Italian blend to the tomato mixture (my tomatoes didn't have any spices, I also left out the sage), and ended up baking it in a 9"square pan. It was stuffed to the brim, and I may have had to sneak a few chunks of bread to make it all fit :)


While the recipe supposedly made 4 servings with an 8oz loaf of bread (which I thought mine was), it looked immense! I cut it into 6 servings and enjoyed it for breakfast all week long with a green smoothie. A great way to start the day!!


One more thing, remember that Italian Grilled cheese I posted about using Daregal Fresh Frozen Herbs (which I did see at my Shaws!!!)? Go RATE my recipe in their contest if you can spare a click :) This was so good, it blew my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment