Friday, May 1, 2009

Here, there and herbs!

Remember these?

They're the fresh frozen herbs that Matt from Daregal sent me. They might be the solution to all my problems. Ok, well, maybe just two problems--having fresh herbs on hand when I need them, and not letting any go to waste! The idea behind these is almost like canning for tomatoes- they're picked fresh, washed, and frozen so quickly that all the goodness (aroma, nutrients, and flavor) remain.

I'm sorry to say I've only tried one so far because I feel like I've been here, there and everywhere, but it was awesome! I can't wait to try the rest :) Head on over to Daregal, they're having two exciting things going on-- a sweepstakes for free herbs AND a recipe contest (hurry ends May 15)! Here's what I came up with...


Italian Grilled Cheese
Recipe by Shannon
Serves 1



While I added the amounts I used on my sandwich, adjust to taste. I picked up the cheese and various marinated veggies from the antipasto bar at the grocery store, perfect for a quick and easy dinner!

1 ciabatta roll
1-2 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
Healthy shake of Daregal Italian blend
3-4 quartered Artichoke hearts
1 Roasted Red Pepper
2 Marinated Pequilla Peppers

Slice open the roll, add slices of mozzarella. Sprinkle on a good amount of Daregal Italian blend, then add with artichoke hearts and both peppers. Top with the other half of the roll and cook up using a panini press or a grill pan (I just placed a heavy pan on top of mine to make sure it was warmed through). When it's nice and melty, dig in!

--
A few more things before I forget... Mambo Sprouts is also sponsoring a recipe contest. If you haven't been over to Diet, Dessert & Dogs yet, now's the time! Not only does Ricki have some incredibly cute pups, but she's got so many great recipes, and is even giving away her new cookbook!! So very exciting :) Gina's also giving away Ani Phyo's new cookbook. I have been interested in all the raw treats popping up around blogland, and can't wait to try some of them myself! Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment