Monday, December 27, 2010

On The Couch





Never having consulted a relationship therapist, I sometimes wonder how these things go.

Does the conversation start along the lines of:

So, you like this girl?

Or:

He left you?

Or even:

She wants you to do what?

Somehow, I doubt matters are this simple, and even though the array of human cruelty to other humans is infinite, stuff does tend to fall into relatively clear-cut categories.

Old-fashioned as it seems, I'm still a man who values action over words. A modicum of observation will tell you everything you need to know about anyone close or close-ish to you. Their thoughts are positively SCREAMING at you, should you have the calmness to see.

Professional interpretation, in my opinion, might lead to more cloud than clear sky.

And over-thinking gets you no-where. I suspect therapy is mostly about over-thinking.

But what would I know?





Bottoms Up, Couchistas.

No comments:

Post a Comment