Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Tuesday III

Sometimes I look forward to the obligatory turkey sandwich after thanksgiving more so than the big meal ;)  In anticipation of some leftovers from the upcoming holiday, I tried out a few recipes that would put that turkey to good use!  Feel free to check out the Curried Turkey Salad and Crustless Turkey & Spinach Quiche featured the past couple weeks.


For the last tuesday before Thanksgiving, I thought I would share some other recipes that I've had a chance to try out...

The first is a Spicy Turkey Soup w/Yogurt, Chickpeas and Mint.  I loved the technique used to create this creamy soup (hint:  it doesn't involve cream!!).  Don't leave out the smoked paprika butter and mint, they pack the flavor for this soup!



The second recipe is for a Sweet Potato Hash with Turkey and Poached Eggs.  I added a chopped red pepper and definitely wouldn't leave it out next time.  I might also increase the thyme, or  instead add some cumin and chipotle/adobo sauce for a richer flavor.



What are you looking forward to most this Thanksgiving??   I'm excited for my parents to join me down in Boston for the holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment