Friday, August 13, 2010

Pineapple Slaw

Inspired by the slaw I had after my race a few weeks back, I set out to create a pineapple slaw to go with the burgers I had unearthed from the depths of my freezer.   I used canned pineapple, so it wasn't as noticeable as I wanted it to be.   Still good, but feel free to play around with proportions and flavors to suit your tastebuds!


Pineapple Slaw
Recipe by Shannon

This is a lightly dressed slaw-- if you prefer a little more body, add more yogurt and a little less buttermilk.

1 12oz pkg of broccoli slaw (could also use regular coleslaw mix)
1c shredding carrots (~5oz)
2-8oz cans of crushed pineapple, drained (might even want more than this, or chunks)
1T poppyseeds
3-4T raisins
3-4T chopped walnuts
1/2c buttermilk
3T mayo (I have an olive-oil one that hides in my fridge for a rainy day)
3T cider vinegar
1T honey
salt/pepper, to taste

In a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients (buttermilk through honey).  Whisk together, taste and adjust seasonings (salt and pepper).  Add the slaw ingredients and toss well to combine.


I've also recently tried out Deb's Mango Slaw w/Cashews and Mint, and apparently am loving the fruit addition :)

Do you have a favorite slaw recipe??

Don't forget, a few more days left to enter my giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment