Thursday, February 18, 2010

Catching Up

*chirp chirp*

Sorry for the unplanned absence!! Two crazy weeks at work, followed by a week of dog sitting (see below) left little time for blogging. I have been eating (don't ever "forget" that one!), cooking a teensy bit... but not really taking pictures.

Perseus

I finally got around to making some pizza dough (I used all white whole wheat flour), only to have my calzone get eaten at work (really, who does that??? Not cool.) So no picture.

I "un-cooked" Ricki's Carrot & Sunflower Seed Pate (with Pumpkin Seeds instead of Sunflower Seeds...  oops!), and made some killer sandwiches on Nutty Whole Wheat Bread (from the Foodbuzz Festival!) with sprouts and cucumbers.

Carrot & Sunflower Seed Pate
(bad lighting... I know
)

Hmm, what else... oh, there was Kerstin's Sweet Potato Black Bean Hummus! That was delicious, especially paired with a sauteed kale/onions/mushroom mixture in a whole wheat blanket (aka burrito/wrap).

Fresh flowers to brighten the day!

My commute last week gave me time to read a few good books... Mind Gym (I think it applies to athletic endeavors and life!), Thrive (while i may not go vegan, there are principles and ingredients that I will try to incorporate to my diet), and The End of Overeating (eye-opening, and reaffirms why I'd rather make my own food!). Gotta love the library!

Is it spring yet?

I've been doing a little more cooking and playing with my camera after a visit with Gary Tardiff. Kerstin had a great recap here (thanks for organizing!). White balance, ISO, shutter speed, aperture... steep learning curve here :) We'll have to see how well I can incorporate his tips!

How are you all doing?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment