Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rain, Rain GO AWAY

I know I shouldn't complain, but I could use a break from all the rain we've been getting. Luckily, I'm heading to Durham for the weekend, so I'll have a little escape!

What do you do when strolling through the farmers market and you see bunches of rhubarb $3 or 2/$5? Buy two of course! Turns out they were good size stalks, too- 1lb each! I love rhubarb, and it's not without benefits--check out Zesty's recent post about it!

My mind always goes straight to the strawberry rhubarb pie my mom always made, but this time I wanted to try something different. Went to my trusty recipe cove and came up with two savory ways to enjoy rhubarb. I know they're not my own recipes (the title of the dish is a link to the recipes), but I thought they were both delicious, and worth sharing!! If you still see some rhubarb around in stores/farmers markets, be sure to give it a try :) Sorry for the lighting of the photos, I tried!


Tofu w/Hot & Sour Sauce
toppings on the side, for a certain someone who doesn't like onions ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment