Friday, June 19, 2009

An ode to Spring

I think the weather is confused. It has certainly felt like spring around here, even though the first day of summer is right around the corner. This dish seems to fit, chock full of spring veggies. I followed this recipe for Pasta Primavera. Well, "followed" as I normally do, subbing this and that :) It started at the grocery store... I happened upon a package of "fresh" pasta for 99cents (on sale, plus a $2 coupon). Old habits die hard, and I couldn't resist. The catch? It needed to be cooked by the next day. I already asparagus, criminis, a yellow pepper, peas, spinach in my kitchen, so pasta primavera it was. I'm sure fresh peas would also be great if you have them. This was a fantastic veggie-packed delight, that also reheated well for lunch!

Pasta Primavera

Anyone else catch Cook Yourself Thin (where this recipe came from)? Reminds me of a British version of Ellie Krieger's show in it's cooking philosophy. I'd say this one's a hit, we'll have to see how some of the others fare!

No comments:

Post a Comment