Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Super Eats

To roundout the eats for the Superbowl, I made two chilis to acomodate different appetites :) The first was a Turkey & Butternut Chili, with ground turkey sub'd for the beef. I also added some smoked paprika, more chili powder, and a bit of cayenne at the end as I thought it needed a little somthin somethin! In terms of prep, I made this on Saturday and then just threw it in the slow cooker a few hours before kickoff, so it was a very no-fuss dish.

Turkey & Butternut Chili

Meat would have been unsportsmanlike for the Adobo Cornbread Casserole. Somehow it evaded my camera, which is unfortunate as it was kinda purt-y with it's golden crust :) I used a small square baker and 2/3 of the cornbread mix to create a thick, hearty layer of chili in between the cornbread. I kept a touch of agave in the cornbread mix, making it a little sweet. Delish!

Last but not least, I made a recipe for Chocolate Beet Brownies. I'd call them moist chocolate cake bites, as they weren't really like fudgy brownies (I cut back on the butter a little bit...). But they were tasty :) And with beets, wheat germ, and some walnuts, they're good for you, too!



Anyone up for some chocolate? silly question, right? :) Hit up One Frugal Foodie for a giveaway here!

No comments:

Post a Comment