Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quinoa w/Gruyere & Veggies

Wow, seems like forever since my last post, it's been busy!! I got to dog-sit this weekend, and I had a blast :) It was fun to get them playing with opposite ends of a chew toy! Here are the pups, cause they're just too cute not to share...

Sampson

Dante, making himself comfortable!

Some other goings-on in blogworld: check out Lauren's post here to help support the Maryland Food Bank and don't go to Hangry Pant's giveaway for Zoe's Granola ;-) You can also check out this list of 10 healthy foods you may not be eating. I can't actually remember if I've tried broccoli rabe (strange...), but I did pick up some at the store a few days ago. I also don't eat many brazil nuts (although this may be leftover from childhood, when all i liked were peanuts!).

Speaking of broccoli... I made this Gruyere Quinoa w/Sauteed Mushrooms & Broccolini which was very yummy. The nuttiness of the gruyere and quinoa played together well with the pan-roasted veggies. I meant to throw in some extra protein (chicken, tuna, or tofu), but I got lazy. I actually just had to look up the difference between broccolini (a hybrid between broccoli and Chinese broccoli) and broccoli rabe (more related to a turnip than broccoli)! Learn something new every day :) We'll have to see what I do with that broccoli rabe... any suggestions??

sorry so fuzzy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment