Sunday, February 8, 2009

Unexpected

I was thrilled when I heard the forecast for the weekend, since it meant a run outside! I can deal with the 37mph wind gusts when it's 48degrees in Boston. In February :) (Talk about unexpected!) The most annoying part was stopping all the time to walk around the huge lakes--err, puddles-- from the melting snow. Not that I'm complaining, it really was a fabulous day!

For last weekend's fun, I set out to make some Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Hummus, using this recipe. Sounds good, right? Well... I ended up with soup. If I hadn't been doing 5 things at once (ok, maybe only 3), I probably could've salvaged a hummus-like consistency. It took me 3 times of re-reading the recipe to realize that I used 1/3 the amount of lentils. Oops! That extra cup of lentils probably would've done a good job of absorbing all that liquid! Anyways, my unexpected soup was actually quite tasty, and I had it with some leftover Caramelized Fennel Flatbread, crisped up in the toaster oven. Fabulous!!



I also used some really ripe naners to make some Banana Biscotti, I hope they are enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment