Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bread, a guest, and some guac

We were running low on bread at one point when I was home, so instead of making a special trip to the store, I made this Oatmeal Sandwich Bread. We all enjoyed it, but next time I'd let the second rise go longer (true to form, it was 10 and i wanted to get to bed!). This homemade bread thing is fantastic... but dangerous :) As long as I keep it in loaf form it might be ok. Maybe I can just freeze some slices...



I also got to dog-sit for a couple of days, and I can't resist putting up a picture of Tip!!


And just because this doesn't seem like enough food, I'll share the guacamole I made to bring over to my friends while watching football this past sunday. Don't mind the tupperware container and avocado pits (i hear it prevents browning), I had a ways to walk :)


Guacamole
Recipe by Shannon



3 avocados
1 lime
1/2t kosher salt
dash cayanne
1/4-1/3c diced red pepper
1T frozen cilantro (the fresh didn't look good at the store, so i resorted to that which comes in the tube)
1 clove of garlic, pressed or finely minced
3/4 of a large jalapeno

Half and seed the avocadoes, and place the flesh in a medium bowl. Squirt the juice of the lime over the flesh. Add salt and cayenne pepper, then mash to desired consistency. Stir in the onions, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno. Mine sat for ~1hr at RT before shoveling in our mouths on blue corn tortilla chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment