Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pear Gorgonzola Risotto

The other day I saw a recipe for flatbread with carmelized leeks, pears and blue cheese. The flavor combination was definately one I wanted to try, I just didn't want even half a flatbread for myself since I didn't think it would reheat very well. The ingredients ran around in my head, then one night before I fell asleep I settled on risotto! Turns out the idea is not that unique, but it was delightful nonetheless! Mine differed slightly, so here's what I did...

with some chicken sausage

Pear Gorgonzola Risotto
Recipe by Shannon



1T EVOO
1 medium leek, cut (half-moon shaped) and cleaned
1/2c arborio rice
2T white wine (the last of a bottle, I keep the small ones on hand for cooking, optional)
~2c stock, warmed
~1/3c gorgonzola
1 bosc pear, chopped (I left the skin on)

In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook until nice and softened, but not browned. Add wine if using, stir and let rice absorb the liquid. Add stock, ~1/2c at a time, stir, then wait until liquid absorb. Once the rice is tender and no longer taking up liquid, stir in the gorgonzola and pear, and serve! I turned off the heat and left it on the burner for a little bit to allow the flavors to incorporate a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment