Friday, January 23, 2009

Shrimp and Pears

Hmm, well it seems to be an Ellie Krieger kind of week with the addition of this post! First up was Baked shrimp w/tomatoes & feta. While it didn't blow me away, it was a good and will definitely stay in my arsenal for a quick, tasty meal. Oh, the pears didn't go in with the shrimp, don't worry! I had an ezequiel english muffin to help sop up the juices (it's hiding up in the top of the picture).



With the open bottle of red wine from my Stuffed Pork and a few pears in my fruit bowl ripening too fast, I decided to make some red wine-poached pears! Once poached, I sliced them up and added the liquid back as I refrigerated them until I was ready to get drunk, err, I mean consume. I served up some slices with greek yogurt sweetened with a little bit of agave and topped with a little wheat germ for a delicious dessert! I tried to get all artsy, but apparently from the lack of good photos I failed :)


Last but not least, I feel honored to mention a giveaway from one of my favorite bloggers, Ricki! (think chocolate pate, of late) Go visit her at Diet, Dessert and Dogs... ESPECIALLY if you live in the toronto area :)

No comments:

Post a Comment