Monday, January 26, 2009

Presto Pasta!

I haven't a clue why, but I can't remember the last time I had pasta! This weekend I made up a pasta salad to enjoy for dinner this week. Ready and waiting when I get home, that's the way I like it ;-) This is definately adaptable to whatever you have in your fridge, too.



Orzo Salad
inspired by this recipe
yield: 3 servings



6oz WW orzo
1 bag of artichoke hearts, defrosted, drained, and chopped (or canned)
1c cherry tomatoes, sliced
4 roasted garlic cloves
3T pine nuts, lightly toasted
1/3-1/2c crumbled goat cheese
1 can tuna (chicken, or chickpeas would also be fantastic), optional

dressing:
zest of 1/2 lemon
salt, pepper to taste
equal amounts of red wine vinegar and EVOO (I think it was ~2T each)


Cook orzo until al dente and drain. While orzo is cooking, prepare dressing by combining vinegar, zest, s/p and then whisk in EVOO. Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle dressing, toss to combine thoroughly. The flavors got better as they marinated in the fridge :) It was good warmed up, or cold, too, so pick your poison.


This comes just in time to submit to Ruth's Presto Pasta Nights, hosted this week by Erin at The Skinny Gourmet! I remember seeing this pop up on everyone's blogs back before I started my own blog, so I'm excited to finally participate :)


And one last thing, anyone with creative snack ideas, head on over to the contest at Oh She Glows for a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment