Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Healing Biscotti


Mom's recovering from back surgery, so I figured I would send her some Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti to help keep her strength up ;-) I didn't have any of the finished product, but the batter sure was tasty! Hopefully they will arrive in bigger, rather than smaller pieces...


Here's a look inside my mug :) Given to me by my college doubles partner, I love it!!



On another note... I was flipping through the January 2009 issue of Bon Appetit and was excited to see the Best of the Year treands. First was dessert: peanut butter desserts!! umm, me thinks bon appetit is a little slow on the uptake here, but that's ok, as long as you don't take away the peanut butter! Next was breakfast being the new restaurant trend! As someone who would happily eat breakfast 3x a day, I'm loving this one, too. Pegged 'the value issue' I also noticed an article on bargain bottles (reds and whites), if you're into that sort of thing. Ricotta and Eggs also made appearances in the issue, so it was a pretty good one :)

Phew, one last dish, a slightly tweaked version of Maggie's Pear and Crab Salad. I used more cabbage, and threw in some apple slices and arils. I love adding arils to salads, provided a little crunch in there and diversified the textures :) Yum!

my Christmas tree jumped into the photo!

And if you haven't heard of some amazing things happening in blogworld... The amazing Heather and Mark over at Hangry Pants are sponsoring a food drive!! Hit up the comments on this post and help support the RI Community Food Bank :) And since I don't have a blender, I was extremely excited to see a VitaMix giveaway over at Eating Bender. And importantly, don't forget that I referred you;-) hehe. Baking Bites is also hosting a holiday cupcake contest, so there's room for creativity if you're so inclined :)

No comments:

Post a Comment