Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pizza Pizza

While I love any and all squash(es?), I never would've thought to put it on a pizza. Galette? sure, but something never clicked in my head. My awesome aunt was the one who introduced this Roasted Acorn Squash & Gorgonzola Pizza to me, and I can't thank her enough, it's fabulous!!!

a peek inside

Here's my lazy version:
Roasted Acorn Squash & Gorgonzola Pizza
adapted from Giada
Serves 1 (as a side or part of a meal... if you have my kind of appetite;-))

1/2 acorn squash (sliced thin, mixed with 1/2T maple syrup, 1/4T olive oil, dash red pepper flakes, roasted at 375 until tender... this was done the day or two ahead of time)
1 pita
gorgonzola
handful of spinach, tossed with a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette (I didn't measure, but you don't want it too heavy, just for a little flavor)

Top pita with gorgonzola (as much or as little as you like, I think I had ~2T or more on a medium-size pita) and toast until warm and melty. Meanwhile, warm acorn squash (if prepared ahead of time) slightly. Top pita with acorn squash then the balsamic-dressed spinach. Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment