Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stuffed Cabbage made easy

Short and sweet, since I have a bad headache and am really tired... so hard to catch up after the long weekend! Especially when my mind is already around December 15th...

I had a cabbage in my fridge waiting for me that I knew just what I wanted to do with (or at least half of it). Rachel Ray's recipes feed an army, so I adapted her Stuffed Cabbage Stoup Recipe to make 3 huge bowls for me :). I used brown rice, 1/2lb ground turkey (any form of ground beef-like substance would work), and halved the rest of the amounts. I used 1/2 rather small head of napa cabbage, I think it was ~1lb that went in. And I just realized I forgot the parsley and dill... oops! Still good, although I now think those missing ingredients would've made it as good as I remembered :) Perfect to bring in for lunch, too! Oh, and it tastes just like stuffed cabbage. Except you don't have to worry about separating cabbage leaves individually or anything. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment