Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I'm in the midst of writing about the latest project, but in case you were wondering...


A wedding cake (and many cupcakes) were made last weekend!!


Luckily I've eaten more than just sugar the past week ;)  In search of a mushroom-filled dinner that wouldn't require me to turn on the oven (anyone want to gift me an air conditioner for my kitchen?), Rebecca pointed me to Deb's Mushroom Crepe Cake.  One look and I knew I'd be making it the next night!


A first for making crepes, it didn't seem so bad (next time will probably not go as easy ;)).  There were definitely extra crepes, which made me wish I had more mushroom filling, but it was delicious!!  I don't think I made enough changes to Deb's recipe to post it here, but I did cut back on the butter in filling (used 1T butter +1T olive oil), used cave-aged gruyere and almond milk in the filling, added ~1t chopped fresh thyme and didn't measure my cheese (so was probably short).  The only change to the crepe batter was to use white whole wheat flour and omit the butter needed for the pan as my pan didn't require any.  Highly recommended, whether it be for a brunch or dinner spread!


I also got the first share from Marshall's Farmstand CSA and I couldn't be more excited for the summer :)  Check out the goods...




What should I make from my share??

No comments:

Post a Comment