Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sexy Nightware



There is a way to make a night-time dental guard sexy, but I don't know what that is.

After a hellacious three weeks dealing with a cracked tooth, the diagnosis is: bruxism.[link] Yes, now we all know that I clench and grind. At night. In bed.

The answer to starving my dentist of future boat payments is, you guessed it, the dental night-guard. Although hardly the equivalent of dentures sitting on the nightstand, there's something Über-Utilitarian about my new toy - something anti-sexy.

Then again, I'm looking at it from my point of view. I find all kinds of minor things hot on women. Braces on teeth; spectacles; spectacles being pushed up the nose*; lisps; almost any other speech imperfection; and lots of other stuff.

That's all about nuance, I think. Nuance gives character, separates us from the next person, stops the boredom of perfection and gives us a hand-hold on who you are. Perhaps it's the way our brains work, to look for the off-centre detail. At least that's how my brain works.

Now, if anyone can suggest ways of making my new night-guard into a chick-magnet, please let me know.


Bottoms up!




Pic from here.[link]

* Hat-tip to Miss Jones. [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment