Friday, November 28, 2008

Cookie Test Kitchen

I wanted to send some "thank you" packages to some friends this holiday season, and was on the search for some different recipes to accompany old favorites. Before taking the plunge, I made small batches of two new recipes to see how they were...

First up, Blueberry & White Chocolate Chunk Ginger Cookies (what a mouthful!). A twist on the oatmeal raisin cookie it seems, I liked the goodness from blueberries and ginger.


The other recipe I tried out were Apricot Butter Cookies, which had the unique addition of dried thyme. To make these a real test, I tried using the Smart Balance 50/50 Unsalted Butter that I've seen in the store. I'd been intrigued and wanted to see if my testers could tell that real butter wasn't used. This was a winning flavor combination, and best of all my grandfather enjoyed the butter :) hehe, he's a stickler!

No comments:

Post a Comment