Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Savory Blueberry Jam

It's tough to write a blog post when you've been gone for so long!  Life's been a little crazy this summer, but I'm hoping things settle down soon.  I have a few things to share in the meantime, and hopefully there won't be too many more crickets.

So long as you're not sick of berries yet this summer, I'd head to the market and pick up some of the wild blueberries I've been seeing.  Then bring them home and whip up a batch of Blueberry Jam w/Rosemary & Balsamic!  [Please forgive the lack of pictures, my camera was probably hidden by boxes]  After my favorite recipe from last year, I had to try another sweet and savory fruit jam.  While it might not be as good as my tomato jam, it has made for some fantastic dishes in my kitchen.  



The first came when brainstorming what to do with scallops from our Fish Share.  I warmed some jam a bit on the stove (over low heat) and thinned it with a little water (could use broth) until it reached the desired consistency- not too thin, not too thick ;)  Served over simply seared scallops (no butter/wine sauce), you have one tasty dish!


As this savory blueberry would be a fabulous accompaniment to a cheese tray, I also found it to be phenomenal in a grilled cheese made with a combination of cheddar and cave-aged gruyere.  Looking at these pictures again makes me want to crack open another jar...  hopefully I'll be able to hold off and save what's left for gifts!

blueberries and melted cheese...  yum


What would you do with a jar of blueberry jam with rosemary and balsamic vinegar??

No comments:

Post a Comment