Thursday, April 26, 2012

Green Garbanzos



I know, you wanted to see some more macarons...but you'll have to wait for those!  I just had to get this post up while fresh chickpeas are still in season!  For those of you in the area, I spotted them at Russo's this past weekend, but they've also been seen at Indian stores.


At first I had no idea what to do with them, but I opened one up to reveal green chickpeas!  When I came across a recipe for a Fresh Garbanzo Salad with Mango, I knew the fate of my little green brains :)  Check out the recipe at cate's world kitchen!


I brought this side dish to a friend's house for lunch, and everyone really enjoyed it.  The salad was delicious, and a hit with my friends, but next time I pick these up, I might just wind up eating them like edamame!

Have you ever tried fresh chickpeas??  If so, how did you prepare them?

No comments:

Post a Comment