Monday, July 12, 2010

Radishes

I was lucky enough to receive part of a lab-mates CSA share when she was going out of town!  Amidst the spring onions, kale and parsley lay a small bunch of radishes.  Hmm...  last I remembered I didn't like them, but I was determined to give them another try.

My first bite was of one freshly washed.   Bite, indeed!  If I was going to like them, it wasn't going to be raw :)  I roasted half of the bunch in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and while it didn't quite have the same bite, it wasn't anything I'd do again.

My last ditch effort was a radish dip I found online.  Combined with feta and some other goodies from the CSA (onions and parsley), the radishes almost disappeared into this light and refreshing dip!   As a dip for veggies or pita chips, even as a topping for a burger, I really enjoyed it :) 



Radish Dip
adapted from A Veggie Venture & Farmgirl Fare

4oz radishes, washed, trimmed & quartered
1/2c sliced spring onions
1/4c (or more) parsley
2oz Nufatchel (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2oz feta
1/2T lemon juice/zest
1/4t salt
fresh ground pepper

Add radishes, onions and parsley to bowl of a food processor.  Pulse until everything is finely chopped.  Add rest of ingredients and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.  Taste and adjust seasonings.



Are you a radish lover or hater??  Favorite way to eat radishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment