Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pear & Zucchini Soup

Hey everyone, don't forget about this week's BSI: Lentils!! I should have some for dinner tomorrow if all goes well, and feel free to post them through Sunday night.

Until then...


In trying to use as many of the ingredients in my fridge in the fewest amount of meals (otherwise i could feed an army), I came across this recipe for pear and zucchini soup that seemed like a unique combination of ingredients. Tempted to eat the roasted pear right out of the oven, I was able to restrain myself long enough until the soup! I don't have a seive, so I didn't remove the peel and just blended and instead of croutons I just topped it off with some goat cheese. See, this is why I love food blogs, I would've paired the pear (ha) with parsnips (say that 3 times fast!!) in a soup--not zucchini! So greatful to have been shown the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment