Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chilled Watermelon Soup

Last week we saw some pretty hot temperatures up here in the Northeast.  How convenient, then, that I was creating a chilled soup for the 5 Star Foodie Makeover Challenge this month!


I thought I'd play on one of my favorite summer salads and created this chilled watermelon soup.  Unfortunately I had forgotten about the feta I picked up for the soup when I took the pictures, so you'll have imagine some of that in the bowl ;)  It definitely adds a nice dimension to the soup, so I wouldn't leave it out!


Thanks to the fabulous Natasha & Lazaro for hosting!  There's lots of summer left, why not jump on the cold soup train?!



Chilled Watermelon Soup
Recipe by Shannon
Serves 1-2

For the soup:
1 1/2c cubed watermelon
1/4c grape tomatoes
1-2 basil leaves (a few mint leaves would also work well)
dash of salt

For serving:
cherry tomatoes, halved
crumbled feta
hot sauce/chili oil, if desired

Add soup ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.  Strain and chill for a few hours.

To serve, place some tomatoes and feta in a bowl and top with chilled soup.  Top with some hot sauce or chili oil to give it a little kick, if you're into that sort of thing ;)


What's your favorite way to cool off in the summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment